Sunday, February 13, 2022

Art Gallery

I know it has been a long time since I posted anything.  Life has gotten in my way.  I am sure you all understand.

I started an Art Gallery for a friend of mine, Ann, because she is an amazing artist and I believe she should have her own show.  I tried to remember to take pictures along the way but I'm not sure how well I did on that front.  

I had a vision in mind and did a quick mock up of the gallery.


I gathered pictures of the paintings Ann had done and put them into categories.  I wanted to have lights over some of the paintings but they were expensive.  My friend Marilyn suggested I make them, which I ended up doing.  I made the lights from paper straws adding LED lights.  I pulled the wiring through a small styrene tubes.


One of the things I wanted to do for this gallery was to put in a revolving door.  Not something you would see very often in an art gallery but I desperately wanted to make a revolving door.  So I started by figuring out how big the door would have to be.  (Hence the peanut butter jar)




This was my first attempt at the revolving door.  It didn't work out the best so I decided to try again.  I was more successful with the second attempt which you will see in the final pictures.

I had a vision for the front window of the art gallery as well.  This took many attempts and no matter how hard I tried to cut is so it looked perfect, it just didn't work.


My friends daughter Shauna, new a guy who was just starting with laser cutting.  I contacted Kevin and he said he could do the job.  I wanted two windows cut so I could set one of the walls back giving the overall look some depth.  Needless to say it turned out beautiful.  Again you will see this in the final pictures.  

I'll add more to the blog this week.  I'm a little short on time today.













1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Louise! I am so looking forward to seeing this project. I know it will be amazing and your artist friend is going to love such an incredible gift! - Your best bestie - Marilyn D>

    ReplyDelete