Thursday, September 17, 2020

Farmhouse

 I had the chance to work on the farmhouse a little bit this week.  I finished the kitchen stairs and did some wallpapering in the kitchen and some wainscoting.  I didn't get much done mostly because my sweet little girl, Bella, was suppose to have surgery last Thursday but ended up not having it until Monday of this week.  This is a picture of Bella making a funny face.

My friend Marilyn is the "fly by the seat of my pants" girl.  Me I like to have each step planned, drawn out and measured.  This farmhouse is working into being a "fly by the seat of my pants" project.  This scares me because when I get to the point of putting it all together.....I am worried.  Let's face it, what are the chances of it coming together with no issues.

So this is the wall at one end of the kitchen.  I'm beginning to think the kitchen was 18 X 20 and not   16 X 18.  Oh well, too late now.  (See why the "fly by the seat of my pants" issue is scary for me)

  
The doorway shown in the second picture is the door to the basement.  I have a feeling I will have to make it taller.  However, until I speak with my brother, Bill, I'll leave it this size.
                          
Okay, it's not suppose to be a leprechaun door.  So clearly I have to increase the size.  Oh dear.








No comments:

Post a Comment