Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Farmhouse

Before I go any further I should warn you that sometimes my grammar and sentence structure is a little awkward.  I think it’s because when I grew I learned to speak both English and French at the same time. I went to English school but somewhere along the way learned how to read and write in French.  Needless to say I am sometimes unsure where to put the commas, etc.  Sorry.
I sometimes think the farmhouse is coming along to slow.  I love making things for the inside of the house while waiting for the wood to arrive.  The wood has arrived and I haven't done anything to the house this week.  I made my two brothers beds.  I do not have a lot of before pictures (well you know why).

One bed was a little easier to make because I could make it out of wood even though it was metal.  The other was a metal bed.  I made that one from styrene tubes.  I used the toaster to heat the styrene tubes.  It actually worked quite well except that I did set the smoke detector off.  I am pleased with the final product.

Next I decided to work on some of the chairs for the kitchen.  We had a lot of chairs because we were a total of nine people in my family.  Some of the chairs were blue.  I remember those vividly.  I found some chairs that were the right style.  I did take a few pictures as I worked.  I made one of the chairs into a rocking chair.  Doesn’t every farmhouse kitchen have a rocking chair?




I am very pleased with these chairs, they are exactly like the ones we had growing up.



4 comments:

  1. Love the chairs, Louise. You did a great job of turning one into a rocking chair. The colour is beautiful. The kitchen in your childhood home must have been a colourful and homey place! Also like the two beds. I remember both of those styles from the 1950s in our house. (Whoops - really dating myself now!) Have a mini-ful week! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could say it was colourful and homey. My father always sat in one of the blue chairs by the window. Great memory.

      Delete
  2. Las camas me recuerdan a las que tenía mi abuela cuando eramos pequeñas. Con las sillas has hecho un buen trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, cada uno de mis hermanos tenía ese tipo de camas cuando era pequeño.
      Siempre me gustaron esas sillas azules.

      Delete