Monday, August 17, 2020

FARMHOUSE

I have not had much of a chance to work on minis this week.  Let me explain.  My hubby is a constant snacker.  Last week he was diagnosed with diverticulitis.  He had to go on clear liquids, then soft food and gradually incorporate more foods into his diet until he finishes his medications.  It's not going well, he is STARVING by his account.  I'm hoping to get things back to somewhat normal this week.

I did make two screen doors for the farmhouse.  Actually my hubby did cut out all the outside walls of the farmhouse for me.  Now I just have to cut out the 19 windows and 3 doors.  Very exciting.

  
I used 1/4" wide by 1/16" thick wood.  Once I made the frame I put a piece of screen in between the two frames.  The doors were not the same, one door had full corner pieces while the other one and small pieces of wood.  These door were probably the easiest doors I have ever made.  I love making doors.
I just have to rough up these doors now.  They were well worn and showed a lot of wear.  I like things to look really nice and neat so it pains me to make them look shabby.  Alas, I must make it as authentic as I can.

The other item I managed to get made was a little D-table (that's what I call it).  My Mom had one in the den.  Of course, I didn't think to take pictures while I was making it.  I made the top and bottom shelf by using my dremel to shape the edges.  I didn't have any fancy legs for it so I had set it aside to finish at some later date.  Remember the blue chair I turned into a rocking chair?  I put my thinking cap on and used the spindles I had removed from the arm chair.  They made perfect table legs.  I am very happy with the outcome.




5 comments:

  1. Re-using your spindles was an excellent idea. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they worked so well. Must have been a brain fart.

      Delete
  2. Love the doors and the table looks so similar to one we had in our house when I was a child. Well done - all of them! Big hugs - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete