Monday, November 2, 2020

Farm House

 Today I am going to post the wringer washing machine I made.  I'm sure that this wringer washer is not exactly like the one we had but it is close enough.  I did try to take pictures all the way through but I didn't quite make it.  I keep forgetting to take pictures.  So this is the start.  We had a square wringer washer.

I put the two pieces together and did a lot of sanding to round the corners.  As you can see here I put the agitator in and started to build the arm for the wringer part.


The next part that I made was the wringer part of the washing machine.  Fortunately for me I was able to follow, mostly, the design by Kris Compass on 1 Inch Minis.  I love everything she does.
We had a shiny tray for guiding the clothes through the wringer.  I tried several approaches to that part and mostly without much success.  I finally made the tray with Fimo and covered it with shiny tape.

You can see here that I added the two arms for selecting the wash cycle.  In the final pictures you will see the electrical cord, the hose for draining the tub and the wheels on the bottom.
 
Overall, I like the wringer washer and I know it will look great in the farm house.

On another note, remember the leprechaun door I made going down to the basement of the house?  Well, I did fix that door since no one in my family is a leprechaun.

I am going to start working on putting the first floor of the house together.  I am somewhat afraid of doing this step only because I have been building by the seat of my pants.  Who know if it will go together right.








2 comments: